The Sales Manager is responsible for coaching and leading the remote sales team, with emphasis on continual improvement, by enabling each member of the sales team to achieve professional growth and competency while analyzing and improving the overall sales system.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to join a growing company in the SaaS field. With a 20-plus year track record of delivering solutions, our company has an entrepreneurial environment where every contributor can make an impact to the company.
This is the next career step for an early to mid-career Sales Manager who's ready to take ownership of a remote sales team and drive improvement within a unique sales organization.
- Direct oversight of the sales team, with frequent coaching meetings.
- Ensure each member of the sales team is following the defined sales process.
- Develop, execute, and continually refine the sales plan.
- Manage accurate monthly sales forecasts for senior leadership.
- Direct implementation and execution of the sales system and processes.
- Recommend adoption of new sales strategies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate efforts with the Marketing department to achieve common objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Systems Thinking
- Intrinsic Motivation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
This position is directly responsible for the Sales department.
This position requires some travel, up to 5%. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight to attend trade shows.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales and marketing, or related field.
- Two or more years of experience managing a sales team with a focus on coaching and improvement.
- Documented success with creation and execution of sales plans.
- Previous sales experience in the SaaS field.
- Managing and coaching a remote team.
- Formal consultative sales training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.