Carr Engineering, Inc., the maker of VolunteerHub, is currently seeking an exceptional and versatile full-time nonprofit consultant to launch, lead and grow our consulting business unit.
This individual will not only manage and lead projects in strategic planning and capacity building, but also source opportunities from various sources.
We are looking for someone who is self-directed but also works well in team settings with diverse staff and departments, who can juggle work on multiple projects simultaneously, and who is stimulated by working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
We work with a broad range of nonprofit organizations, helping them address fundamental questions about their mission, vision, impact, programs and operations. Ultimately, our goal is to help our clients determine how they can best use their resources to address increasingly complex social problems and make lasting change. The successful candidate will be highly knowledgeable about the nonprofit sector, conversant with nonprofit management and governance, and passionate about maximizing sustained social impact. This is client-centered work, so a demonstrated track record of successful relationship management is essential.
- Leading the consulting business unit
- Outbound sales activities, researching, identifying prospective nonprofit clients, and following up on leads
- Assessing organizational strengths and challenges
- Identifying and articulating potential pathways for clients to consider to help maximize their impact and achieve their goals
- Assessing the organizational capacity of nonprofit clients and guiding their approach to improve and strengthen organizational systems and governance
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Feel like we need to more succinctly work this portion in to the functions or competencies area below. "Exceptional writing skills are a must, as is the acumen to analyze complex organizational and social problems and present information in a way that facilitates executive-level decision-making."
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Systems Thinking
- Intrinsic Motivation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline.
- Previous experience with consulting and/or project management required.
- 2+ years' experience with outbound sales activities
- Experience working with non-profit organization.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health benefits, effective day one
- Company-paid disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Ability to work from home
- Generous paid time off, five weeks plus holidays
Complete the Form Below to Apply