Flexible User Security Settings
VolunteerHub enables your nonprofit to provide customized user permission levels.
- Configure security permissions, dividing workload between administrators and third party users.
- Set permissions on both individual and group user levels.
- Feel free to consult with us to determine optimal security settings.
Organizational & Volunteer Security
We take your nonprofit’s data security very seriously. We use the following precautions to ensure information is always kept safe.
- Our data center is actively monitored by Axis network surveillance cameras.
- All incoming and outgoing entrances at the data center require key card access.
- Located securely on the second floor, the servers avoid potential impacts of windows or ventilation.
- VolunteerHub servers utilize the most technologically advanced firewall commercially available.
Data Protection – Dual Stage Security
Trust Carr Engineering, Inc’s dual stage security measures, ensuring your information is always properly backed up. The first stage of data protection involves creating a real time mirror of your information. In the unlikely occurrence of a hard drive crash, additional hard drives step in and provide service until the problem is corrected. Under such a scenario, you and your volunteers will not even notice the issue. The second measure is to copy all information to a secure, off-site location each day. In the unlikely occurrence of a total catastrophic event at the primary data center, your information will be available at the off-site location.
Our servers are hosted by a dedicated, dual location facility. Highly qualified technicians monitor our servers 24 hours a day.
- Servers monitored 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- In case of power interruption, an industrial Holt diesel generator (850 kW) keeps network infrastructure and servers running smoothly.
- To maintain a stable environment, we employ two 25-ton APC climate control units (providing consistent temperature and humidity control).
- We utilize redundant, simultaneous Internet connectivity as provided by: Ameritech, Cogent Communications, ICG, Time Warner Cable, Time Warner Telecom, Qwest Communications, and XO Communications.